If you want to visit the city of Murcia and stay there for a few days, you most likely need a place to stay. There are so many options when it comes to places to stay in Murcia city, and we are recommending some of the best.
We are looking into three different hotels that all serve as great options. We will describe them further down, but let’s mention them here as well:
- Occidental Murcia Siete Coronas (popular 4-star hotel)
- Hotel Churra Vistalegre (central hotel)
- Campanile Hotel Murcia (affordable hotel)
For those who prefer something different, there are also hostels and rooms (Airbnb’s). You will also find information on these options.
4-Star hotel in Murcia
Occidental Murcia Siete Coronas – Book here
This hotel is among the most popular in the city of Murcia. This does not surprise us as it is a 4-star hotel and prices start at 55 euros per night (it depends on how much time in advance you make the reservation, also on the season), plus it is only 1,3 km from the centre of Murcia.
Occidental Murcia Siete Coronas offers a great deal of services:
- 156 rooms (it is very big). This means this hotel is quite big, but even so we recommend to make the reservation with some time in advance as A great deal of them have nice views of the Río Segura (the river of the city).
- 9 multipurpose venues.
- Weddings and celebrations. The Occidental Murcia Siete Coronas is known in Murcia for this.
- Event planning and advising.
- 7 Bistro. The Bistro restaurant is situated on the ground floor of 7 coronas where our guests will be able to enjoy their delicious cuisine. With a more casual ambient, the menu offers a variety of tapas, sándwiches and baguettes, fried snacks as well as classic dishes to enjoy the local products in a laid-back environment.
- Juan Lax restaurant. After a long career as the head chef of a family restaurant, the renowned Murcian chef Juan Lax will work the stoves of his own restaurant in the 7 coronas hotel. At Juan Lax Restaurant they offer a large menu with season and fresh ingredients. All récipes are 100% home-made and of the chef’s own creation prepared with the highest quality products of the region. Their timetable is from 08:00 am to 01:00 pm.
- Free underground car park (subject to additional charge of €16 per day. Security is also included in the park.
- Buffet breakfast. This is one of the things that make this hotel so great.
- Pets are allowed. Subject to weight and size, restrictions apply in common areas and an additional charge of €15/day is applied.
- Luggage Storage service
- Room service.
- Free WiFi all around the hotel
- Laundry service
Central hotel in Murcia
Hotel Churra Vistalegra – Book here
This hotel is located 5 minutes away walking from he city centre a modern accommodation for travelers and tourists who are looking for a peaceful, quiet and functional accommodation with every comfort, and the best rates you can find in the centre of Murcia. Prices start at 46 euros.
It has 57 rooms, which are designed for your rest and relaxation. Because of that, windows are double glazed, so your rest will not be disturbed. The main target of this hotel is making the customer to feel at home.
Out of 57 rooms, 42 are twin rooms and 15 are double bedrooms.
Every room has:
- Air conditioner and heating
- Piped music
- Satellite TV LCD 3’’’
- Phone in room and bathroom
- Amenities in bathroom
- Free WiFi
- Wake up call service
And as for the services the hotel offer:
- Reception 24h
- Rent a car facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment hire
- 2 computer and printer at your disposal
- Private parking (at a charge)
- Coffee shop
- Buffet breakfast
Affordable hotel in Murcia
Campanile Hotel Murcia – Book here
Although this hotel is not that close to the centre of Murcia city, around 2.5 km, there are several coffee shops, restaurants and supermarkets nearby. Plus, there’s a tram stop just 100 m awayso you can reach the city centre easily and fast. Within the three hotels mentioned this is the cheapest. Prices start at 40 euros (per night).
This is an ideal hotel for those who are looking for a cheap option but want to have a great stay at the same time.
Hotel Campanile Murcia boasts 117 spacious 19m2 rooms, fully equipped with high-quality beds, free Wi-Fi and with a centralised air conditioning / heating system for your well-being. The bathrooms in all of our rooms have a separate heater, hairdryer and make-up mirror. We also have joining rooms, which are perfectly suited to family needs.
All of our rooms are equipped with a 26″ flat screen TV, a hospitality tray with tea, coffee and biscuits and a centralised air conditioning and heating system. In the bathroom, you will find a separate heater, magnifying mirror, hairdryer, shower gel and shampoo.
The hotel has three 27 m² rooms adapted for people with reduced mobility. The bathroom has a wide door and the shower is open. The entire hotel is accessible.
Within the hotel, there is a restaurant which offers a breakfast buffet with its wide selection of products to the customers.
The restaurant, with a capacity for 80 diners, offers various options, from succulent buffets to à la carte dinners and snacks.
Last but not less, for those are on a business trip, family holidays (or whatever), your hotel in Torcy offers you all the services to facilitate your stay:
- Facilities for guests with reduced mobility
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Complimentary tray with kettle, tea, coffee and selection of cakes.
- Hairdryer and iron available at the reception.
But there are many other options when it comes to hotels in Murcia, so if you prefer to learn more about hotels in Murcia you can do it through Booking.com, TripAdvisor, Destinia, among others.
Hostels in Murcia
When it comes hostels there are not many, but still enough to find a place to stay in Murcia. In case you prefer it to a hotel.
The prices are quite low, somewhere between 15 and 20 euros per night.
Rooms in hostels are shared, which is a great opportunity to meet people from other countries or even people from other parts of Spain.
The few hostels you can find in Murcia have a good location. So if you don’t mind sharing room and do not want to spend much money staying in a hostel during your stay in Murcia would be a great option.
If you are interested in finding a good hostel in this city, just search on Booking.com. But we recommend a hostel called The Cathedral Hostel which is situated just 700 metres away from the centre of the city.
Holiday apartments (apartahoteles)
If you prefer a bigger place to stay then you should think of staying in a holiday apartment. Just check Airbnb.
The average price for a holiday apartment is around the same as the price range in hotels, but if you do not mind spending a little bit more of money you will find great options. The price range in guesthouses goes from 36 to 120 euros. You can find great options for 60 or 70 euros though, and most of them are near the centre.
If you want further information on holidays apartments you can browse Airbnb, where there are a lot of private listings. You can also check out Booking.com where they have a bit of everything – hotels, hostels and holiday apartments.